Witches' hats are being dusted off and pumpkin carving skills perfected. No matter what you sell, Halloween is a great opportunity to promote your business and reconnect with your customers.
Here are some scarily simple ideas to market your business in the run up to Halloween:
- Decorate your premises to make them spooky and ecourage customers to visit
- Promote a special Halloween product - pumpkin pie facial or candy apple cocktail
- Run a Halloween competition - best dressed ghoul or spookiest hairdo
- Hold a Halloween themed event - free pumpkin carving demonstration
- Offer free tips and ideas to customers - ten easy Halloween costume ideas, easy Halloween recipes
Tip: Make sure your Halloween theme is in keeping with your brand - don't feel you have to go all luminous orange and slime green if you run an upmarket boutique. You could use traditional autumn colours and themes instead.
The most important item on your Halloween marketing to-do list? Let everyone know what you've got planned! A text message marketing campaign is an easy and effective way to let everyone know about your Halloween plans.
Halloween Mobile Marketing Plan
- Let your customers know with a simple message a few days before your event. Your customers are more likely to turn up if you can give them some advance notice. 'We'll be running a ghostly mystery tour.'
- Remind your customers on the day of your event. ' Why not pop in this afternoon for free taste of our pumpkin-flavoured coffee on Halloween'.
- Don't forget that it's never a good idea to bombard your subscribers with too many text messages. An initial announcement followed by a reminder closer to the event should be sufficient. The time of day that you send messages is important as well!
- Send a thank you message a day or two after the event. You could think about including a link to photos of the event on your website or instagram.
Halloween is a good example of how to use text message marketing for other one-off holidays and events like St Patrick's Day, Valentine's Day or the anniversary of the opening of your store. Are you running any Halloween marketing events or promotions? We’d love to hear about it! Let us know in the comments below, on our Facebook page or Twitter. To find out more visit us at MessageHero.com or follow us on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn